About Me

My photo
Wyoming/Nebraska, United States
I am a Grandma with a passion for beauty, joy and life. Finding yourself seems to be the answer to a joyous heart, peaceful soul and quilting does this for me. Putting the Lord first in life keeps me grounded.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Blessings, Joy and Sadness

I have found that I haven't blogged as I should.  I felt that nobody was interested in what I was doing, so I just decided to slack.....
Well to my surprise there are a few of you out there interested in the "happenings in my world".  So here goes:
This has been a year full of joys, blessings and some sadness(grieving) thrown in for the mixing.
Our Grand children are 4, 3, and we have 2 that are 1....grand total of 4 grandchildren.  Our son and daughter were expecting #5, but God had another plan....we feel the loss of our little grandson, but know that he is in a much better place and I am going to meet him someday. Quilting is something that keeps me busy and helps me heal.
Our Precious Gifts!!!


play mat made for grandchild #4 (boy)

crib quilt made for my nephew's first child (boy)

You see we all have areas that we can heal from and hobbies help us to keep busy, stress relief or just enjoyment.  I also have found that fellow quilters are full of life, joy and comfort.  We are a group of women and we are far a few between.
I have just celebrated 50 years in marriage with my parents over the last weekend...What a joy to have all of my younger siblings here and all of our kids and grandkids...What more can I say, we camped out at my house, sat by the fire, laughed and ate together...Sunday morning my husband gave a sermon around the fire pit!!!
Worship on a cool Sunday morning in June
As you can see the blessings outweigh the terrible things of the world when you have a family with love and joy!! God's blessings




No comments:

Post a Comment