About Me

My photo
Wyoming/Nebraska, United States
I am a Grandma with a passion for beauty, joy and life. Finding yourself seems to be the answer to a joyous heart, peaceful soul and quilting does this for me. Putting the Lord first in life keeps me grounded.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Fast top

This is amazing....I started this morning at about 8:00a.m. finding the 3 fabrics I wanted to put in this quilt....cut and sewn together and have the top ready to be pieced in about 2 1/2 hours.  This is a quick and easy pattern, but it is so pretty!!!
This is about all you need to get started....ONLY 3 fabrics, pen for marking angels and a 10" square up ruler and a 24" ruler to mark angels.....how simple.  I did choose a cream background that is directional....so I had to be careful, but believe it or not....NO MISTAKES!!  The blocks are  9 1/2" raw.
This is the end product....without boarders, yet.  It went together pretty quickly and is finishing nicely.  This part will finish around 72X72.  The name of the pattern is "Carpenter's Star".

1 comment:

  1. I never thought it would be easy, but I can see, there are only a few parts! The rest is YOUR SKILLED QUILTING!!! 8-))

    ReplyDelete