About Me

My photo
Wyoming/Nebraska, United States
I am a Grandma with a passion for beauty, joy and life. Finding yourself seems to be the answer to a joyous heart, peaceful soul and quilting does this for me. Putting the Lord first in life keeps me grounded.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Amazing

As I got up  to a very crisp, cold and slick wintery morning---I am amazed with the beauty Our Lord has given us....the sun was rising on the bright white shining snow and it looked like diamonds bouncing across the ground....Absolute peace and beauty!!   Many time I have to confess, I go on with my day, routines, life and STUFF not giving thanks for the eyes God has given me to see the beauty, the ears to hear the peace of birds, crackling of snow, quiet.  My day is full of quilting and I have come to the realization that I am so gifted with a talent, as so many of you are, but many times forget to thank my Maker for this gift......Just a challenge to all to give thanks for the blessings He is given us!!
I have been busy working on a quilt for a customer, but took a little break to make a couple quilt blocks for a customer.  She is a member of her local church and they are doing a quilt for their 100 year anniversary....wow, 100 years of service to the Lord....I was honored when she asked for my help...

the fabric was cut at 6 1/2".....and I left about an inch around the design for sewing together without loosing any of the design....I enjoyed being a part of this part in history!!!
I have been working on machine embroidery a bit more lately....goes in streaks....after these, I probably won't have any for a while...
I worked on a pillow for my nephew....he is needing a tooth fairy pillow...it turned out really sweet!!

This is the pocket on the back of the pillow......for his tooth and money exchange....
I used a ribbon so the pillow can be hung on a bedpost or door knob....

A little poem on the front......














Sometimes we have to change it up a bit....there are no cobwebs around my machines....I don't like to dust, so I keep all my machines going....
Enjoy Your Blessings!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment