About Me

My photo
Wyoming/Nebraska, United States
I am a Grandma with a passion for beauty, joy and life. Finding yourself seems to be the answer to a joyous heart, peaceful soul and quilting does this for me. Putting the Lord first in life keeps me grounded.

Friday, July 26, 2013

Next generation....

The last 2 weeks has been just amazing...I have gotten to meet young, new quilters and they are so cute.  I had a lady bring in 3 of her grandchildren and they each brought their freshly pieced tops to be quilted.  Such joys!!!!


Matt's (age 9)...likes rodeo, horses and so I quilted rodeo themed pattern with hats, boots, saddles and bucking horses. 



Rachel's (11 years old)....She likes stars, blue and was really quiet....She wanted rope and stars quilted on her's. 



Emm ( 17 years old)...She is a girly, girl and likes pink.  Her quilt was colorful and so the quilting matched her personality. 
These kids are entering in the local fair this year, so I can't wait to see how their quilts hang and what an accomplishment for such a wonderful group of kids.  Go GRANDMA...keeping grandkids involved with the tradition....
I really want to be able to pass this tradition on to my grandchildren, so this is a goal when they are a bit older.  I hope to be able to pass on a wonderful tradition!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment