About Me

My photo
Wyoming/Nebraska, United States
I am a Grandma with a passion for beauty, joy and life. Finding yourself seems to be the answer to a joyous heart, peaceful soul and quilting does this for me. Putting the Lord first in life keeps me grounded.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Still exhausted!

The weekend was a great get-away.  I got very little sleep, but a lot of sewing and quilting done.  I felt very successful and beginning to get ahead of the game.

 
I finished ANOTHER baby quilt.  I used an easy rail fence and  a very cute duck border.  I quilted the body of the quilt with quilting The open tear drop or the J hook, not sure exactly what the name is.  In the border I quilted bubbles.  It turned out very nice.


These are the fabrics and I used the flannel for the back for softness.

Finished with a pail blue binding,  this will be a warm cozy quilt for a baby.
I also work on a huge rag quilt and finished stitching it together.  I still have all the clipping to do, but with the special scissors for clipping rag quilts, it will go pretty fast.  It will be warm and cozy for our COLD, SNOWY winter.  I used 10" squares from 5 different flannels.  10X11  BIG!!!!!




The best of laughs happen to be when we arrested the undercover cop that was very stiff with the fines.  We had to take 2 1/2 inch strips of Christmas fabric and when caught in violation ----- well a strip was due to pay the fine.  Man, let me tell you she was a strict one.  I was broke by Saturday night!!  I was down to giving my clothing!  Here is Elaine strangling the undercover cop, Marlene. 

I found that we all have the need to be accepted and appreciated for our love of quilting.  We enjoyed each other and visited a lot.   I look awful and exhausted--getting a total of around 5 hours of sleep from Friday thru Sunday.  Guess, I'm not looking too bad!!  LOVED MY TIME

2 comments:

  1. Oh Chell - the photo of our undercover COP turned out great! and yes, you DO look tired, but we all look that way!

    These retreats, while being focused on quilting, are restorative to the soul, aren't they? 8-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that little hand/foot print!! Great job on quilting the baby quilt too :)

    ReplyDelete